Friday, June 08, 2012

Start 'Em Young?

In one of her many books and/or blog posts, the Yarn Harlot wrote, years ago, about the belief that knitted items somehow "soak up" the vibes that surround them while being knit. This is sort of the idea behind prayer/comfort shawls and really, all items we make for dear friends and family. Steph said something about how this worried her, though, because there was often a lot of frustration and cursing surrounding her knitting, and she didn't want that to be transferred to the recipient, haha.

Along those lines, I felt the need to notify my friend J that her soon-to-be-born daughter might have an unexplainable obsession with Viking vampires. Not only are the repeats of her blanket-in-progress marked with True Blood stitch markers--one seen on Wednesday and also here
photo.JPG
--but also I've been working on it while watching my brand new Season 4 DVDs. I don't have HBO, so I'm perpetually a year behind, waiting on the DVDs, but it does have the benefit of letting me watch everything at once, usually over the course of a week. So, if it's true that knits can soak up their surroundings, this little girl is destined to be a True Blood fan! (But only when she's old enough!)

4 comments:

  1. So funny and true! I've had to rethink my thought vibes when making items for others. Guess that's why they say, "it's the thought that counts." Your recent projects are vibrant and cheery. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been chugging away on just this blanket and my turquoise shawl for awhile now...I'll be glad when they are finished, but at least they are fun colors. =)

      Delete
  2. eeek, you've been blogging!!! Going to get a coffee and have a read! :-D yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was trying to get back into it, and sticking to a schedule helped, but I ran out of things to talk about, alas!

      Delete