Saturday, August 29, 2009

Socks & Scarves

That's pretty much what I'm knitting these days! If you check out my Rav progress bars, you'll see that all of my currently-listed WIPs are either socks or scarves. Socks are perfect for the bus, and scarves are good for TV and movies. I've actually got a pair of wristers going that I haven't added in to Rav yet, but those are, so far, no different than socks. Instead of turning a heel and making a foot, I'll leave the end open and make a thumb!

Most recent pair of socks that I finished:

Oak Ribbed Socks

Oak Ribbed Socks

Oak Ribbed Socks

What's neat is how the stripe patterns line up:

Oak Ribbed Socks

It was two separate balls of yarn, and apparently they were either wound in opposite directions, or I started with a different end each time -- too funny!

Also, these are the socks during which I figured out my personal cure for SSS. I almost finished the first sock on one of my trips this summer, but I didn't want to graft it shut while I was away. That would be a recipe for disaster! I still didn't want to graft it after I got home, so I started on the second sock, and it went so quickly. It took significantly less time to knit than the first, and much less time than a second sock usually takes me. So I think my new plan is to never finish the first sock in the pair...we'll see if this works!

6 comments:

  1. Holy crap, babe. Those socks are like a goddamn work of art. I can't even get my head around how you made them, but I loff them hard and think you're a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks!
    Thanks for stopping by the blog. I'm loving my Namaste Newport but it is too big to use as a handbag/knitting bag. I'm only using it as a knitting bag and still have to carry a separate purse for every day usage.

    I gave Blogger a try but I'm so used to the other site that it's hard to let go. Plus, as you've already mentioned, we cannot import our old blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aah, somehow I missed this post!! Stunning socks!!! I adore that yarn, they have knit up beautifully. I agree with your socks-for-buses-scarves-for-tv thing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the color combo, turquoise and chocolate, very classy. you are so talented !

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for your sweet comment
    and HAPPY late BIRTHDAY to you !!!

    ReplyDelete